Ok, so we haven’t had the most consistent summer in the UK, but that hasn’t stopped us British folk from squeezing in some barbecue afternoons here and there. One of my favourite recipes to make during the barbecue season is my classic 5-ingredient homemade burgers, made from minced beef. You can, of course, substitute the meat for Quorn or even vegetables, which is a healthier option.
- 6 – 8 burger buns
- 1 packet 500g beef mince – defrosted
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp garlic granules (you can also use 1 clove, chopped or grated)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- Sweat the onions and add the garlic.
- In the meantime, break up the mince with a fork or your fingers in a mixing bowl.
- Once the onions have cooled, add to the mince and mix well.
- Add the egg, Dijon mustard, and the rest of the seasoning. Mix well.
- Form the mix into burgers, by rolling into a ball and then flattening with the palm of your hands.
- If you have a spare 10 minutes, you can chill the burgers in the fridge for around 10 minutes to stiffen. If not, place burgers gently onto the grill.
- Make sure you leave the burgers on the grill to sizzle for a good few minutes before turning over, to avoid the breaking the mix. Grill on both sides until well cooked.
- Lightly toast the inside of the burger buns on the same grill.
- Serve with your favourite sauce, simple garden salad, and your favourite barbecue sides.
If you’re ready to create your recipe, just click on the button below and head on over to mySupermarket to buy your ingredients in the cheapest possible way.
Price for ingredients via Tesco – £4.09 (as at 10 July 2016) Prices may vary after this date
Photos by Preston Perfect Photography
New recipes every week!
Awesome, thanks! I look forward to a lovely long relationship with you. As promised I’ll start sending you some awesome new recipes, as well as tips on how to be a superstar chef in the kitchen too. I hope you like them 🙂 Oh, and if you have any questions, comments, and/or criticism – or if you just want to say hello – hit me up with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to get to know you 🙂 I’ll see you on the other side! Leyla x