I don’t offer dessert after dinner automatically, mostly because my kids don’t need any extra energy a couple of hours before bed. However, as I’ve become more confident in the kitchen, I’ve realised that dessert doesn’t have to be unhealthy. Unlike my vegan chocolate pie, which is not the healthiest of desserts, this Vegan Banana and Coconut Milk Yoghurt Mousse is actually quite healthy, as it only uses a drizzle of Maple Syrup – it gets most of its sweetness from the ripe bananas and the rich coconut milk yoghurt. I love coconut milk yoghurt in almost everything, including cereal and especially mousses like this one. I’ve tried it in a strawberry and banana smoothie and, oh my goodness, that is a recipe I will document on here very soon!
Deliciously sweet and creamy in texture, you can whizz this mousse up into ice lolly moulds if you wanted to and it becomes the perfect dessert during the summer. It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare this super sweet dessert that is healthy enough to offer the kids in abundance. And you only need 3 ingredients!
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 1 tub of 250g Coconut Milk Yoghurt (we used Co Yo, but you can use any kind of yoghurt you like, like natural Greek Yoghurt)
- 1 tbsp. of sweetener of your choice (we used Date Nectar, but you can use Agave Nectar or Honey)
- Add the ripe bananas and the sweetener into a food processor and whizz until smooth
- Add the yoghurt and blitz until all the ingredients are combined well
- Pour into 4 smoothie glasses or dessert pots
- Leave in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours until set
- Serve with slices of banana or any healthy topping of your choice!
- Bear in mind that if you use dairy-free milk alternatives, the consistency will be thin and runny, so make sure you use yoghurt to obtain that thick and creamy texture.
If you’re ready to create your recipe, just click on the button below and head on over to mySupermarket to buy your ingredients in the cheapest possible way.
Don’t forget to tag me on @fiveforafiver (@fiveforafiver1 via Instagram) and tag me using the hashtags #FiverFoodies or #FiveforaFiver. Have fun!
Price for ingredients at Ocado or Sainsbury’s is £4.63 (as at 11 October 2017). Prices may vary after this date
Photos by Preston Perfect Photography
New recipes every week!
Awesome, thanks! I look forward to a lovely long relationship with you. As promised I’ll start sending you some awesome new recipes, as well as tips on how to be a superstar chef in the kitchen too. I hope you like them 🙂 Oh, and if you have any questions, comments, and/or criticism – or if you just want to say hello – hit me up with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to get to know you 🙂 I’ll see you on the other side! Leyla x