I love my naturally sweet dessert treats and try to incorporate grab-and-go breakfast bites for the boys during school days. These healthy 5-ingredient vegan banana and blueberry flapjacks are perfect for when you need to enjoy something healthy at breakfast. And, what’s great is that you can pack all sorts of healthy ingredients into these flapjacks, including seeds, dried fruit and nuts.
Here are the ingredients:
I used Date Nectar sweetener and Swiss Style Muesli for these flapjacks because I didn’t have anything else to hand. But you can use any liquid sweetener and porridge oats. You can also use strawberries instead of blueberries – it’s a very versatile recipe!
It’s also a very simple recipe to make because you heat everything in a pan and then you flatten it on a tray. For an even healthier dish, use a nut butter instead of butter and Medjool dates instead of a liquid sweetener.
Onto the recipe:
- 225g / 8oz. porridge oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 150g blueberries
- 40g / 1 ½oz. butter
- 5-8 tbsps. Liquid sweetener
- Preheat oven at 200C/400F/GM6
- In a pan, melt the butter and add the sweetener. Stir well
- Mash the bananas and add to the liquid
- Add the oats and mix well
- Stir in the blueberries, being careful not to squash them
- Grease a baking tray and spread the mix evenly. Flatten with the back of the spoon
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly brown
- You can add chocolate chips, raisins or nuts to these flapjacks to spruce them up!
- Sweet Potato and Banana Cookies
- 5-ingredient vegan banana bread
- 3-ingredient vegan banana and coconut milk yoghurt mousse
Fancy more recipes with oats? Try my:
- 5-ingredient vegan oat pulp peanut butter cookies
- Homemade oat milk
- Ultimate 5-ingredient protein bars!
Recipes, Freebies and Tips every Sunday!
Awesome, thanks! I look forward to a lovely long relationship with you. As promised I’ll start sending you some awesome new recipes, as well as tips on how to be a superstar chef in the kitchen too. I hope you like them 🙂 Oh, and if you have any questions, comments, and/or criticisms – or if you just want to say hello – hit me up with an email to email@example.com. I’d love to get to know you 🙂 I’ll see you on the other side! Leyla x
I’m looking forward to seeing you try this recipe, so please tag me via #FivefoaFiver or #FiverFoodies.
Here is a list of ingredients that I found from ASDA for £5.40 total (prices may vary after 1 July 2018):
Recipes, freebies and tips every Sunday!
Sign up and receive the following every Sunday:* Email tips on how to get confident in the kitchen* Free printables, checklists and calendars that you can stick on your fridge!* An automated and interactive meal planner of all Five for a Fiver’s recipes (updated weekly)* Fun quizzes, games and interesting food facts