Five for a Fiver strives to provide its community of readers with information we believe to be relevant and important to their needs. The purpose of this policy is to explain the types of advertising we feature on our site and the rules we follow with respect to advertising. This policy will help you recognise the difference between advertising and independent, editorial content on our site.
Five for a Fiver makes a concerted effort to distinguish sponsored offers and advertisements from editorial content where applicable. Five for a Fiver will label this material with the following, where appropriate:
- “Sponsored Post”
- “Collaborative Featured Post”
- “PR Collaboration”
- “PR Feature”
- “Collaborative Editorial”
- Sometimes posts will be marked as “PR/MD Editorial,” which means that they will be monetised posts, but the views are 100% Five for Fiver’s
- Sometimes posts will also state that they are “Written by…” a person. The majority of these posts are sponsored unless otherwise stated.
While Five for a Fiver is financed by advertising and sponsorships, it has established the following guidelines for the acceptance and placement of advertisements on its website.
- Five for a Fiver must approve all advertisements before they can go live.
- Five for a Fiver will not permit advertising for illegal products. Advertising must not contain fraudulent, deceptive or offensive material that misrepresents or ridicules people on the basis of age, race, colour, religion, sex or physical handicap.
- The sponsor of the advertisements has ultimate authority, control, review and approval of the advertisement. The sponsor of the advertisements is responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Five for a Fiver will not necessarily monitor compliance with such laws and regulations, however, Five for a Fiver reserves the right to review any advertisement for compliance. Five for a Fiver may remove any advertisements that it considers to be out of compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Five for a Fiver maintains a clear separation between advertisements and editorial content. In order to maintain this separations, all advertisements will be clearly marked as such.
- Five for a Fiver reserves the right to determine the placement of advertisements on its website.
- The placement of an advertisement on the Five for a Fiver website will, under no circumstances, be considered an endorsement for the product being advertised or of the sponsor of the advertisement. The sponsor is defined as the company that manufactures.
- Five for a Fiver reserves the right to reject any advertisement that it considers to be inappropriate or out of compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Five for a Fiver has the sole authority to interpret and enforce these guidelines any may change them at any time by issuing a revised set of guidelines.
- There is currently no refund or returns policy in place for advertisements. Once you enter into a contract for the specified time, you are bound by that term
- Advertising space can be bought in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year slots.
- You will be provided with a monthly report on impressions
- Accepted files—300—350dpi required setting
- Hi-res PDF, EPS, INDD, TIFF, JPEG (100%)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries on this policy and buying advertising space with Five for a Fiver.